These lil' babies are sooo comforting and perfect for warmer weather! This cooling, stacked treat has a crunchy bottom layer of Mocha Hazelnut Torte Bites, creamy date caramel in the middle and is topped with melted chocolate and a sprinkling of hazelnuts for extra crunch!
- 1 pouch Vive Mocha Hazelnut Torte Superfood Cookie Bites
- 1/2 tbsp date caramel
-date caramel layer:
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 cups water for boiling + 1/4 cup water for blending
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate for melting - we like 70% dark chocolate but use whichever kind if chocolate you like best!
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- sea salt for sprinkling - any coarse sea salt will work
- mini cupcake tin + mini cupcake liners
- food processor or blender
- Line mini cupcake tin with mini cupcake liners
- Put 2 cups of water on to boil and once boiling, add 1/2 cup dates and let soak for 15-20 minutes
- In a food processor or blender, puree the dates, 1/4 cup date water, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of himalayan pink salt. Blend until caramel-like consistency. Set aside
- Crush up the Mocha Hazelnut Torte Bites, either by hand or in a food processor, and add up to 1/2 tbsp date caramel so that it comes together
- Press about 1 tsp of the Mocha Bites/caramel mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner
- Add about 3/4 tbsp date caramel (or enough to fill the cupcake liner) on top of the base layer
- Once cups are full, freeze cupcake tin for about 2 hours until date caramel sets
- About 15 minutes before removing cupcake tin from freezer, melt the chocolate - microwave in 15 second intervals for the quickest, easiest, mess free way. Chop or crush hazelnuts
- Remove date caramel cups from tin and top with melted chocolate, crushed hazelnuts, sprinkle with sea salt and ENJOY!