Summer is here and we've got a yummy gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free dessert for you featuring our seasonal Blueberry Cornbread Muffin Superfood Cookie Bites! These are perfect as a quick breakfast, healthy treat after dinner, or sweet treat to pack for a socially distanced summer beach day!
Crust and Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - we used refined for neutral flavor
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats
- 1 pack Vive Blueberry Cornbread Muffin Superfood Cookie Bites
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 12 ounces (2 cups) blueberries - we used fresh but frozen is fine too
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or rub it with coconut oil so the bars won't stick.
- Melt coconut oil and then add oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, salt.
- Crumble up one bag of Vive Blueberry Cornbread Muffin Bites and add to the mixture
- Set 1 cup aside for the rumble topping
- Pack the rest into the bottom of the 8 inch pan and press down with your hands or a spatula until it is firm and even
- In a large bowl add all the "blueberry layer" ingredients and toss to coat evenly
- Pour blueberry mixture over the crust
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberry mixture
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crumble topping is slightly golden brown. Add another 10 minutes or so if using frozen blueberries
- Remove from oven and allow at least 30 minutes of cooling before cutting - the filling will not be set if you're over eager and the blueberries will make mess! Trust us... just wait and it will be worth it.