Hey guys! Shayna, Vive founder here, and I decided to let you in so you can get to know me a little better :) I'll answer some Q&A questions - love doing these things - and just give you a little behind the scenes look into who I am and how I make the most out of life!
Fun q&a questions:
Fave Superfood: That's a tough one. It's a tie between yogurt and berries - my go-to breakfast is a yogurt bowl with berries and granola and/or crumbled Bites on top. I can (and do!) eat it almost every morning.
Fave Fruit: watermelon and peaches
Fave Dessert: A chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwich is up there for sure but my favorite is probably the French Plaisir Sucre. It always reminds me of vacation and has so many layers or flavors and textures, magnifique!
Fave Fitness Item: My Apple Watch, no doubt. I love learning about my body and health so I am constantly looking at the collection of data it has.
Fave Sweet Shop: I'm going with Milk Bar. I have a super sweet tooth.
Fave Thing To Cook: Roasted vegetables. Simple, healthy, super versatile and always delicious.
Fave Place To Travel: The French countryside. I absolutely love Burgundy, France. The food, the wine, the quaint towns and the slower pace of life is so captivating to me.
Place I'd Most Like To Visit: Japan is next on my bucket list!
Food Philosophy: I try to eat unprocessed food most of the time and make sure I load up on vegetables. I try to listen to what my body needs and I don't beat myself up if I slip up. My life wouldn't be as enjoyable without dessert so this is where I really let myself go wild if I'm going to indulge!
Fave Workout: Running, aside from my #1 guilty pleasure that I talk about later on...
Fave Studio Class: Barre or Pilates
Fave Place To Eat in LA: For breakfast/brunch Le Pain Quotidien, for lunch or dinner Cava Grill or Tel Aviv Grill (I loveee mediterranean food and the whole mediterranean diet for that matter) and for a special dinner Rustic Canyon.
What I Like To Do For Fun: My perfect day off would involve an outdoorsy form of exercise like hiking or going for a run somewhere beautiful, followed by a delicious meal and white wine tasting!
Fave Thing About Your Job: I love the fact that I'm able to put so much passion into what I make. It's a funnel for my creativity and building a business is like solving a puzzle so it's fun. The fact that I can contribute to the health and enjoyment of life for people around the country is amazing and mid-boggling to me.
5 facts about me:
1. I LOVE Harry Potter. These stories have been an integral part of my life and I have read all the books at least 15 times. Half-Blood Price is my favorite btw ;)
2. I live for travel. I value experiences more than tangible items so I like to save up and spend my time and money on exploring our world.
3. I'm not vegan or gluten free. Although my products are, I am not. I tend to eat vegan most of the time but I am not completely vegan. My mother, who is my business partner and one of my best friends is sensitive to gluten and so I often find myself testing out gluten free items with her and incorporating them into my diet when they're nutritious and tasty.
4. I'm an LA native. I was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, a suburb of Los Angeles and I love it! I even went to college here and still have a lot of friends I went to high school with! Although I live in a big city, my group has really stayed connected over the years so my life almost has a small-town feel to it :)
5. My favorite form of exercise is Dance Dance Revolution. Bet you weren't expecting that! So I used to play back in high school and then stopped for about 10 years and picked it up again last winter and LOVED it. I end up having so much more fun than I do on the treadmill and it makes me exercise longer than any other form of exercise because I want to keep playing. It's competitive, social and good for your health, what more can I want?!
I hope you enjoyed this lil' intro to me! Let me know any other questions you have about me or Vive, I'd love to share more!